Alabama State beats Alcorn State 91-64Feb 21, 2010 - 3:26 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP) -- Menji Mundadi scored 21 points to pace Alabama State to a 91-64 win over Alcorn State on Saturday night.
Byron Walker and Christopher Duncan chipped in with 15 points each for the Hornets (11-13, 8-5 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won two in a row. Alabama State swept the season series against the Braves, as they defeated them 69-62 on Jan. 23.
Alabama State jumped out to a 24-4 lead after two free throws from Mundadi with 13:17 remaining in the first half. The Hornets would lead 49-24 at halftime.
Alabama State shot 60 percent in the first half (18-for-30), while the Braves shot only 35 percent (7-for-20).
Tony Eackles scored 25 points to pace Alcorn State (1-26, 1-13).
The Hornets outrebounded the Braves in the game 28-16, and shot 58.2 percent from the field (32-for-55).
Alcorn State shot 42.6 percent (20-for-47).
- NCAA BB
ALCORN ST 64
ALABAMA ST 91 FINAL
Feb 20 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
ALCORN ST 25
ALABAMA ST 49 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:32 PM
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- Pressey, Missouri rout Alcorn State Nov 14
- No. 14 Tigers set to pounce on Braves Nov 13
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- Texas A&M handles Alcorn State Dec 1
- Aggies hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Braves Nov 30
- No. 21 Cincinnati routs Alabama State Nov 14
- 21st-ranked Bearcats open season against visiting Hornets Nov 13