Crawford scores 23, Xavier beats Charlotte 81-67Feb 20, 2010 - 9:33 PM By MIKE CRANSTON AP Sports Writer
CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Jordan Crawford scored 23 points and hot-shooting Xavier pulled away in second half to beat slumping Charlotte 81-67 on Saturday for its third straight victory.
Jamel McLean added 14 points and 11 rebounds and Terrell Holloway scored 13 points for the surging Musketeers (19-7, 10-2), who won for the seventh time in eight games to stay near the top of the crowded Atlantic 10 standings.
In front of a rare sellout crowd, Charlotte (18-8, 8-4) couldn't keep pace with Xavier's speed and snappy ball movement in its third straight loss.
Xavier overcame 18 turnovers with 52 percent shooting, using a 15-6 run midway through the second half to take a 61-46 lead on Dante Jackson's 3-pointer.
Derrio Green scored 23 points for the 49ers, but was 3 of 12 from 3-point range. Shamari Spears added 13 on 5 of 14 shooting in a damaging loss for Charlotte's NCAA tournament hopes.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1