Wofford defeated Georgia Southern 82-76 in OTFeb 21, 2010 - 1:04 AM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 21 points, including four during a key run in overtime, and Wofford defeated Georgia Southern 82-76.
Tied at 68-68 early in OT, the Terriers (21-8, 13-3 Southern Conference) scored six straight, including four by Dahlman, to take a 74-68 lead with 3 minutes left.
Wofford stretched it to 77-70 on a three-point play by Brad Loesing with 2:35 left, and made 5 of 6 free throws down the stretch for its eight-straight win.
Jamar Diggs added 15 points, and Junior Salters, Loesing and Tim Johnson had 11 each for the Terriers.
Wofford, which has won 14 of its past 15 games, reached its most wins since joining Division I.
Diggs' 3 tied the game at 63-63 with 1:38 left, and the Terriers turned it over on a shot clock violation with 2 seconds left, sending it into OT.
Rory Spencer had 19 points for the Eagles (7-21, 4-11).
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 76 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 20 4:56 PM
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 29 HALFTIME
Feb 20 3:21 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21