Maryland-Eastern Shore beats Coppin State 66-52Feb 21, 2010 - 12:22 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Tim Burns scored 12 points and Tyler Hines grabbed 13 rebounds to lift Maryland-Eastern Shore to a 66-52 win over Coppin State on Saturday.
Hines also scored nine points for the Hawks (9-18, 7-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), while Kevin White chipped in with 10 points.
Maryland-Eastern Shore led 28-22 at halftime and opened the second half with a 14-2 run. A free throw by Burns gave the Hawks a 42-24 lead with 15:15 remaining in the game.
A four-point play by Coppin State's Quinston Reggins cut the Hawks' lead to 55-49 with 4:52 left, but the Eagles would get no closer, as Maryland-Eastern Shore ended the game with an 11-3 run.
Sam Coleman scored 13 points to pace Coppin State (7-18, 2-10), while Reggins and Kareem Brown scored 10 points each.
The Hawks shot 51 percent from the field (25-for-49), while Coppin State shot 30.8 percent (16-for-52).
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 52
MD EASTRN SHORE 66 FINAL
Feb 20 6:40 PM
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 22
MD EASTRN SHORE 28 HALFTIME
Feb 20 5:26 PM
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8