Dyson scores 20 as UConn beats Rutgers 76-58Feb 20, 2010 - 11:16 PM By TOM CANAVAN AP Sports Writer
PISCATAWAY, N.J.(AP) -- Jerome Dyson scored 20 points and Connecticut shut down Rutgers in the second half in a 76-58 victory on Saturday, their ninth straight over the Scarlet Knights.
Kemba Walker tallied 14 of his 16 in the final 20 minutes and the Huskies (16-11, 6-8 Big East) took control by limiting Rutgers to 10 points in the opening 11 minutes to expand a three-point halftime lead to 20.
Connecticut, which was coming off a win over No. 3 Villanova, forced nine turnovers in the 27-10 run and outrebounded the Scarlet Knights 15-2 at one point.
Jim Calhoun's team also worked hard inside, getting four follow-up baskets and two points after a player was fouled going up with an offensive board.
Mike Rosario, who didn't start because he was late to a shootaround Saturday morning, had 14 points and Hamady Ndiaye added 13 for Rutgers (14-13, 4-10), which lost for the second time in seven games.
- UConn adds New York guard to 2016-17 recruiting class May 18
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics May 10
- Brandin Knight joins Rutgers basketball coaching staff Apr 18
- Rutgers confirms that Hobbs has joined Pikiell's staff Apr 14
- Jay Young hired as assistant basketball coach at Rutgers Apr 11
- Karl Hobbs leaves UConn to join Pikiell's staff at Rutgers Mar 31
- UConn to spend $10 million for new roof at Gampel Pavilion Mar 30
- Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers basketball coach Mar 22
- AP source: Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers coach Mar 19
- Ellis, Kansas take another swing at unfriendly 2nd round Mar 18
- Ollie and 0: UConn's coach is 7 for 7 in NCAA Tourney games Mar 18
- Purvis spurs UConn comeback for 74-67 win over Colorado Mar 17