Quinnipiac 87, Robert Morris 79Feb 21, 2010 - 2:55 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) -- James Johnson scored 28 points and Quinnipiac defeated Robert Morris 87-79 on Saturday night.
Justin Rutty added 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Bobcats (19-8, 13-3 Northeast Conference), who outrebounded the Colonials 37-28.
Quinnipiac shot 50.9 percent from the field (27 of 53) and was 7 of 14 from 3-point range.
Robert Morris pulled within 64-61 on Lijah Thompson's free throw with 7:35 to go. Quinnipiac then went on an 11-4 run, with six points coming from Johnson, including four in 30 seconds.
Johnson hit a jumper with 2:55 to go, Jeremy Baker had a steal and Johnson hit two free throws to cap the run at 75-65 with 2:25 remaining.
Rob Robinson led four Colonials in double figures with 16 points. Velton Jones added 15 points, Karon Abraham 12 and Russell Johnson 11 as Robert Morris (19-10, 14-2) snapped a three-game winning streak.
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Forte, Cowboys crush Colonials Dec 31