Waller's 27 leads Auburn past Arkansas 92-83Feb 21, 2010 - 2:25 AM By JOHN ZENOR AP Sports Writer
AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Tay Waller scored 29 points and made seven 3-pointers to lead Auburn to a 92-83 win over Arkansas on Saturday night.
The Tigers (13-14, 4-8 Southeastern Conference) shot 61 percent, made 11 of 19 3-pointers and put five players in double figures.
The Razorbacks (14-13, 7-5) dropped into a first-place tie with Mississippi State in the SEC West after making only one basket in the final 3 minutes.
Waller made 7 of 10 3s and hit four in the game's opening 7 minutes. His jump shot from the free throw line with 2:45 left broke a 79-79 tie and started a 7-0 run.
Auburn made 13 of its last 18 shots and was 28-of-46 in the game. Frankie Sullivan hit four straight free throws in the final 34 seconds to seal the win.
DeWayne Reed added 17 points and Lucas Hargrove had 13 points, eight rebounds and five assists for the Tigers.
- NCAA BB
AUBURN 92 FINAL
Feb 20 9:13 PM
- NCAA BB
AUBURN 42 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:59 PM
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Arkansas reeling, postseason unlikely, following latest loss Feb 19
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Arkansas' Hannahs ready to face former school, Texas Tech Jan 30
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21