Baker leads Northwestern State past Lamar 82-79Feb 20, 2010 - 11:07 PM NATCHITOCHES, La.(AP) -- Devon Baker and Will Pratt scored 19 points each as Northwestern State defeated Lamar 82-79 on Saturday.
The victory was the third straight for the Demons (10-15, 5-7, Southland Conference), who have scored 82 points in each of them.
Justin Nabors scored 26 points, 21 in the first half, and grabbed 14 rebounds for the Cardinals (14-14, 5-7), whose last lead, 29-27, came 8:09 before halftime.
The Demons then went on an 18-4 run, including 10 points by Baker, to lead 45-33 with 1:22 left in the half.
Northwestern State led throughout the second half. Lamar got within three, 79-76, on Reggie Mathis' 3-pointer with 23 seconds left, but Baker made one of two free throws with 19 seconds left and sank two at the 0:07 mark.
Damon Jones added 14 points and Pratt had a career-high 11 rebounds for the Demons.
Anthony Miles scored 16 points and Mathis 15 for Lamar.
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 82 FINAL
Feb 20 5:07 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 45 HALFTIME
Feb 20 3:59 PM
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15
- 22nd-ranked Mustangs begin season against Cardinals Nov 14
- Lamar axes Pat Knight Feb 16
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23