Ark.-Little Rock 65, North Texas 83Feb 20, 2010 - 11:49 PM DENTON, Texas (AP) -- George Odufuwa scored 14 points as North Texas defeated Arkansas-Little Rock, 83-65, in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday.
With the score tied at 25-25 with 5:46 left in the first half, North Texas (19-8, 11-5) went on a 19-6 run to close out the half and lead 44-31 at the break. The Trojans (7-20, 3-13) would never get the same to within single-digits the rest of the way.
In the second half, the Mean Green led 56-39, and went on a 13-0 run to take 69-39 lead with 10:36 left to play.
Collin Mangrum hit on 4 of 5 from 3-point range for the Mean Green and finished with 12 points. Josh White added 12 points to go along with his game-high six assists.
The Trojans were led by Alex Garcia-Mendoza's game-high 19 points. He was 3 for 3 from 3 and 6 of 10 from the field. Derrick Bails had 18 points and nine rebounds.
North Texas has now won six-straight games.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6
- Bearcats get set to battle Trojans Dec 6
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9