Northern Arizona wins in OT, 74-71Feb 21, 2010 - 4:16 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz.(AP) -- Gabe Rogers hit a 3-pointer with 1.8 seconds left in overtime to lift Northern Arizona to a 74-71 win over Eastern Washington on Saturday night.
It was the Lumberjacks' third straight overtime game - the first time in NAU history that has happened.
Northern Arizona (13-13, 7-8 Big Sky) lost to Idaho State on Feb. 13, 73-71, in overtime and then topped Portland State 86-85 in double overtime on Thursday.
Northern Arizona trailed 69-67 when Rogers hit a 3 with 1:07 left to give the Lumberjacks a one-point lead.
The Lumberjacks' DeAngelo Jones hit one of two free throws with 21 seconds left, but Eastern Washington's Glen Dean hit a shot with 10 seconds left to tie it up, setting up Rogers' game-winner.
Cameron Jones led NAU with 23 points and Rogers finished with 18.
Dean and Brandon Moore each had 13 for Eastern Washington (8-20, 4-10).
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 71
NORTHRN ARIZONA 74 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 20 10:52 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 33
NORTHRN ARIZONA 33 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:34 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14