Abbott's 28 lead Arizona State past Arizona 73-69Feb 22, 2010 - 12:58 AM By BOB BAUM AP Sport Writer
TUCSON, Ariz.(AP) -- Ty Abbott scored 28 points, two shy of his career-high, and Arizona State shot 67 percent in the second half to beat Arizona 73-69 on Sunday and move within a half game of first-place California in the Pac-10.
The Sun Devils (19-8, 9-5) have won three in a row and five of six while Arizona (13-13, 7-7) dropped its second straight at home and its fourth of five overall.
Rihards Kuksiks added 17 points as Arizona State shot 52 percent overall after shooting 30 percent in its 77-58 home loss to the Wildcats on Jan. 23. The Sun Devils have won three straight in Tucson for the first time since 1983.
Nic Wise scored 18, Derrick Williams 15 and Kyle Fogg 13 for Arizona.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
ARIZONA STATE 30 43 73
ARIZONA 25 44 69 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: ARIZONA STATE - TY ABBOTT 28, RIHARDS KUKSIKS 17,
DEREK GLASSER 9
ARIZONA - NIC WISE 18, DERRICK WILLIAMS 15,
KYLE FOGG 13
Feb 21 7:44 PM
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA ST 30
ARIZONA 25 HALFTIME
Feb 21 6:25 PM
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- Freshman Trier to miss up to 6 weeks for No. 7 Arizona Jan 10