Morgan State gains 65-61 win over UMESFeb 23, 2010 - 3:48 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Morgan State finished with 21 points and 10 rebounds for Morgan State to lead the Bears to a 65-61 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Monday night.
Thompson shot 7-for-11 from the field for the Bears (21-9, 12-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who clinched their third straight regular season conference title with the win. Ameer Ali chipped in with 10 points.
The game was tied at 56 with 1:27 remaining, but the Hawks were outscored 9-5 the rest of the way as they shot 1-for-6 from the free throw line in the final minute.
Tim Burns scored 23 points to lead UMES (9-19, 7-7), which snapped a two-game winning streak with the loss. Kevin White chipped in with 16 points and seven assists.
UMES outrebounded Morgan State 43-33, but committed 14 team turnovers.
The Bears scored 16 second chance points, compared to seven from the Eagles.
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9