Olson's 3 lifts Seattle to 90-88 victoryFeb 23, 2010 - 9:27 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Taylor Olson hit a 3-pointer with 5.4 seconds left to lift Seattle to a 90-88 victory over San Jose State on Monday night.
The Redhawks (14-14) gave up a five-point lead in the final three minutes and trailed 88-87 after Mac Peterson made two free throws with 10 seconds remaining for the Spartans (13-13).
Seattle's Mike Boxley then quickly worked the ball up the court and found Olson, who was alone in the right corner. He hit the game-winning shot while falling backward.
Charles Garcia overcame a sluggish start and finished with 20 points for Seattle, which won for the fifth time in six games.
Adrian Oliver led San Jose State with 35 points. It is the seventh time this season Oliver has scored at least 30, a school record.
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 88 FINAL
Feb 23 12:19 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 42 HALFTIME
Feb 22 11:00 PM
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- Spartans seek upset of 25th-ranked Bulldogs Mar 2