N.C.-Asheville 65, Winthrop 68Feb 24, 2010 - 3:11 AM ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) -- Charles Corbin had a season-high 19 points and a career-high 15 rebounds for his first double-double of the season to lead Winthrop to a 68-65 overtime victory over North Carolina-Asheville on Tuesday night.
Corbin hit four free throws in the overtime period to give the Eagles a split of the season series. He sank the final free throws with a second on the clock after a blocked shot and a key defensive rebound.
Winthrop (16-11, 12-4 Big South Conference) led by as many as 12 points in the first half, but scored only two in the final 4:04 to lead 33-31 at halftime.
UNC-Asheville (13-15, 10-7), which was hoping to clinch a Big South tournament quarterfinal home game with a victory over the Eagles, pulled ahead 52-44 with 5:33 left. Winthrop's Gideon Gamble hit a 3-pointer with 10 seconds to go to force overtime.
Matt Dickey led UNC-Asheville with 17 points.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 65
WINTHROP 68 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 23 9:32 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 31
WINTHROP 33 HALFTIME
Feb 23 8:11 PM
- Northern Iowa's winning culture leads to NCAA bid Mar 11
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Terps pull away to beat Winthrop Dec 6
- 21st-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 6
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 14 VCU pulls away from Winthrop Nov 16
- Winthrop hits road to challenge No. 14 VCU Nov 16
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8