Gardner-Webb edges Presbyterian 77-76 in OTFeb 24, 2010 - 4:10 AM CLINTON, S.C.(AP) -- Grayson Flittner hit a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left in overtime to lift Gardner-Webb to a 77-76 win over Presbyterian on Tuesday night, snapping a four-game skid.
Flittner also made the tying free throws with 51 seconds left in regulation - knotting the score at 68 and helping the Runnin' Bulldogs (8-20, 5-12 Big South Conference) rebound from an 11-point deficit.
The game was the second time this season that Gardner-Webb beat the Blue Hose in overtime.
Presbyterian (5-24, 2-14), which led 34-31 at halftime, took a 74-73 edge in overtime on a dunk by Chase Holmes with 55 seconds left. Anton Silver hit one of two free throws to tie the score with 43 seconds left.
The Blue Hose regained the lead on a layup by Khalid Muttakabir with 12 seconds to go, then Flittner knocked down the contested game-winner.
Holmes and Jake Troyli led the Blue Hose with 18 points apiece.
- NCAA BB
PRESBYTERIAN 76 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 23 9:09 PM
- NCAA BB
PRESBYTERIAN 34 HALFTIME
Feb 23 7:45 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- No. 11 North Carolina handles Gardner-Webb Nov 9
- New-look Tar Heels tip off season against Runnin' Bulldogs Nov 9