Lehigh takes over 1st in 81-59 win over BucknellFeb 25, 2010 - 3:23 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- CJ McCollum scored 29 points to help Lehigh defeat Bucknell 81-59 on Wednesday night, claiming first place in the Patriot League with one game to go.
The Mountain Hawks (18-10, 9-4), averaging 74.4 points per game and 45 percent shooting at home, shot 60 percent in the first half (15 of 25) and led 42-27 at halftime.
Lehigh pulled away after a close first 10 minutes on a 12-1 run, which included eight straight points. Gabe Knutson's layup gave the Mountain Hawks a 31-20 lead with 5:36 left in the first half.
Lehigh stretched its lead to as many as 27, 81-54, on Jordan Hamilton's dunk with 1:55 remaining.
Prentice Small added 11 points and Knutson finished with 10 for the Mountain Hawks, who shot 46.7 percent from long range (7 of 15).
Mike Muscala scored 14 points and Bryson Johnson 10 for Bucknell (13-16, 8-5), which snapped a four-game winning streak.
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20