Cent. Michigan 65, N. Illinois 67Feb 25, 2010 - 4:30 AM DE KALB, Ill. (AP) -- Darion Anderson scored with less than 1 second remaining to lift Northern Illinois past Central Michigan 67-65 on Wednesday night.
Anderson's 23 points led the Huskies (9-18, 5-9 Mid-American Conference), who snapped a 10-game losing streak. Sean Kowal had a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Xavier Silas scored 17 points.
Jordan Bitzer scored 20 to lead the Chippewas (13-14, 7-7), who have lost five of their last seven. Robbie Harman added 19 points, including 5 3-pointers.
The first half ended with the Chippewas in front 44-29. They lengthened that to 49-31 before the Huskies ran off 13 in a row. Northern Illinois finally took the lead at 59-58 on Silas' jumper with 4:42 to go.
Central Michigan went back ahead 65-62, but Anderson converted a three-point play to tie it 65-65 with 1:29 left before his game-winner.
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 65
NORTHN ILLINOIS 67 FINAL
Feb 24 10:13 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 44
NORTHN ILLINOIS 29 HALFTIME
Feb 24 8:57 PM
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14
- Minutemen get back to work as they host Huskies Dec 14
- Northern Illinois held to 4 points in first half Jan 26
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29