St. Francis holds off Bryant 69-60 in overtimeFeb 26, 2010 - 4:19 AM SMITHFIELD, R.I.(AP) -- Ricky Cadell scored 11 of his 21 points in overtime and Akeem Bennett had his fourth double-double to help St. Francis (N.Y.) knock off Bryant 69-60 on Thursday night.
Bennett had 19 points and 11 rebounds for the Terriers (11-17, 8-9 Northeast Conference), who erased an 11-point second half deficit.
St. Francis will play Central Connecticut State on Saturday with the winner earning a berth in the NEC Championships.
The Bulldogs (1-28, 1-16) led 35-26 at halftime, but shot just 25 percent (5-for-20) from the field in the second half while the Terriers were 10-for-24 (41.7 percent) to tie the score at 52 at the end of regulation.
St. Francis was only 2-for-4 from the field in overtime, but 11-for-13 from the free throw line to seal the win.
Raphael Jordan led Bryant with 20 points and 11 rebounds and was 10-for-11 from the free throw line.
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS NY 69
BRYANT 60 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 25 9:42 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS NY 26
BRYANT 35 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:25 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18