Radford rolls past Presbyterian 75-58Feb 26, 2010 - 2:18 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski scored 24 points and had 11 rebounds to lead Radford to a 75-58 victory over Presbyterian on Thursday night.
Parakhouski leads the nation with 23 double-doubles and the Highlanders (17-11, 12-5 Big South Conference) shot 55 percent from the floor (16 of 29) in the first half to take a 17-point lead at the break. They have won six of their past seven games.
Radford finished the first half on a 20-4 run as Gorkem Sonmez hit three 3-pointers in less than 4 minutes and Amir Johnson hit another 3 with 1 second left before halftime.
The Highlanders pushed their lead to 48-28 on Lazar Trifunovic's layup with 17:29 remaining and led by 13 points or more for the rest of the game.
Radford outrebounded Presbyterian 43-26.
Sonmez, Trifunovic and Joey Lynch-Flohr scored 10 points each.
Chase Holmes led Presbyterian (5-25, 2-15) with 13 points.
- NCAA BB
RADFORD 75 FINAL
Feb 25 8:52 PM
- NCAA BB
RADFORD 42 HALFTIME
Feb 25 7:47 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19
- Coach K ties Knight as Duke rolls Nov 12
- Blue Hose battle Blue Devils, as Coack K eyes milestone Nov 12