Charleston Southern beats VMI 95-85Feb 26, 2010 - 4:22 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Kenny Mitchell scored 21 points and Kelvin Martin had a double-double to lead Charleston Southern to a 95-85 win over Virginia Military Institute on Thursday night.
Martin finished with 19 points and 13 rebounds - five offensive - for the Buccaneers (13-15, 7-10 Big South Conference), who clinched a playoff berth in the conference tournament.
Jamarco Warren scored 17 points, Jeremy Sexton had 14 points and five assists, and Austin Johnson added 12 points for Charleston Southern. The Buccaneers outrebounded VMI 42-28, despite giving up 10 3-pointers to the Keydets (10-17, 5-12).
Charleston Southern never trailed in the second half, building a 83-66 lead - it largest of the game - with 3:43 left.
Austin Kenon led VMI with 32 points and five assists. Stan Okoye scored 26 points and grabbed six rebounds, while Keith Gabriel had 12 points and Michael Sparks added 11.
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 95 FINAL
Feb 25 9:31 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 44 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:18 PM
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10