Troy comes back to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 76-73Feb 26, 2010 - 4:27 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Brandon Hazzard nailed a 3-pointer with 43 seconds left to break a tie and lift Troy to a 76-73 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Thursday night.
Troy (17-11, 12-5) was down by 16 points at the half but battled back with 63 percent shooting in the final period.
The win, its fourth straight, keeps Troy atop of the East Division of the Sun Belt Conference. They went into the game tied for No. 1 with Middle Tennessee, which did not play on Thursday.
Hazzard finished with 15 points, as did Antywan Jones. Yamene Coleman added 16 points and Richard Delk had 12.
Arkansas-Little Rock (7-21, 3-14) dominated the first half with 56 percent shooting from the field. Starter Solomon Bozeman led the game in scoring with 23 points while Courtney Jackson scored 13 points and pulled down 12 rebounds and Matt Mouzy added 13 points.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6
- Bearcats get set to battle Trojans Dec 6
- No. 2 Kentucky rips Arkansas-Little Rock Jan 4
- No.2 Wildcats and Trojans meet at Freedom Hall Jan 3
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10