Hodzic sparks Lipscomb past Kennesaw State 74-66Feb 26, 2010 - 4:00 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic scored 24 points and grabbed 20 rebounds, and Lipscomb beat Kennesaw State 74-66 on Thursday night.
Hodzic extended his streak of double-figure scoring to 55 games, set a Lipscomb NCAA-era rebounding record and became the first player in the Atlantic Sun to tally 20 points and 20 rebounds since Jacksonville's Haminn Quaintance on Jan. 5, 2005.
The Bisons (16-12, 13-6) trailed 14-12 midway through the first half, but scored 10 straight and led the rest of the way.
Markeith Cummings, who finished with 22 points, converted a three-point play to pull the Owls (12-18, 7-12) within 67-64 with 1:58 left. Lipscomb then scored the next six points to pull away.
Josh Slater added 15 points and Jordan Burgason 13 for the Bisons, who moved into a tie for second in the A-Sun.
LaDaris Green had 13 points and 12 rebounds for the Owls, who shot 36.7 percent (22 of 60).
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14