St. Bonaventure defeats Rhode Island 81-74Feb 27, 2010 - 10:27 PM BONAVENTURE, N.Y.(AP) -- Jonathan Hall scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to help lead St. Bonaventure past Rhode Island 81-74 on Saturday.
The Bonnies (13-14, 6-8 Atlantic 10 Conference) shot 55.1 percent from the field (27 of 49), 46.2 percent from 3-point range (6 of 13) and 91.3 percent from the free throw line (21 of 23) in their third straight win.
Ogo Adegboye and Michael Davenport added 14 points each for St. Bonaventure, Chris Matthews chipped in 12 and Andrew Nicholson had 11.
The Bonnies led 44-34 at halftime, and the Rams (20-7, 8-6) tied it at 57-57 on Akeem Richmond's 3 with 10:29 left. It remained close as Keith Cothran's layup pulled Rhode Island within 71-70 with 2:14 left.
The Bonnies then went 8 of 8 from the free throw line the rest of the way to seal it.
Cothran finished with 17 points and Marquis Jones and Will Martell added 12 each for the Rams.
- NCAA BB
RHODE ISLAND 74
ST BONAVENTURE 81 FINAL
Feb 27 4:13 PM
- NCAA BB
RHODE ISLAND 34
ST BONAVENTURE 44 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:59 PM
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- No. 17 VCU rallies to down Rhode Island Jan 13
- VCU and Rhode Island lock horns in A-10 tussle Jan 13
- Kansas beats URI to move on in Orlando Nov 27
- Rams butt heads with Jayhawks in Orlando Classic Nov 27
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska in OT Nov 23
- Rams butt heads with 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 22
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14