Towson hands Delaware 6th straight loss 81-66Feb 27, 2010 - 11:59 PM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Josh Thornton scored 18 points and Towson defeated Delaware 81-66 in the regular season finale for both teams on Saturday.
The Tigers (9-20, 6-12 Colonial Athletic Association) outrebounded the Blue Hens 41-34, scored 21 points off the bench and 16 fast-break points.
Towson was 8-for-16 from 3-point range in the first half and led 40-32 at halftime. Delaware (7-23, 3-15) shot just 37 percent from the field (10 of 27) in its sixth straight loss.
The Tigers increased their lead to 21 points, at 66-45, on Calvin Lee's jump shot with 9:55 to play.
Troy Franklin added 14 points and RaShawn Polk 12 for Towson, which has won five straight against the Blue Hens.
Jawan Carter led Delaware with 26 points, Adam Pegg added 14 and Hakim McCullar chipped in 12.
The Blue Hens shot 14.3 percent from 3-point range (2 of 14).
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Delaware basketball suspends three Jan 29
- Ross, No. 3 Ohio State top Delaware Dec 19