Hot-shooting Wagner beats St. Francis 81-76Feb 28, 2010 - 4:22 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Josh Thompson scored a career-high 23 points and Wagner defeated St. Francis (Pa.) 81-76 on Saturday night.
The freshman had 19 points in the first half as the Seahawks (5-26, 3-15 Northeast Conference) led 53-34 at halftime.
Wagner shot 63 percent before halftime (17 of 27), including going 8 of 10 from 3-point range, to set a season high for first-half points.
Wagner opened the second half on an 11-6 run to lead 64-40 on Tyler Murray's two free throws with 14:43 left. The 24-point lead was the largest margin for the Seahawks this season. The previous high was 13 against Jackson State on Dec. 22 and Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 11.
Wagner also had season highs in assists (20), free throws made (23) and 3-point field goal percentage (62.5).
Chris Martin added 21 points for Wagner.
Devin Sweetney paced the Red Flash (11-18, 9-9) with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26
- Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Report: Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victory Dec 20