Allen lifts Northeastern past George Mason 50-48Feb 27, 2010 - 7:51 PM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Chaisson Allen hit two of three free throws with .5 seconds left after getting fouled on a 30-foot 3-point attempt to give Northeastern a 50-48 victory over George Mason on Saturday.
Matt Janning led Northeastern (19-11, 14-4 Colonial Athletic Association) with 18 points, including a 3-pointer to tie the game at 48-all with 24 seconds to play. Allen finished with 10 points, the last two points coming controversially in a furious sequence after Mike Morrison's missed dunk on the other end.
Allen raced down court to try to beat the buzzer with his 30-footer. His long attempt bounced off the backboard and nicked the rim, but the referees whistled George Mason's Ryan Pearson for a foul for apparently hitting Allen's arm and body.
Allen knocked down the first two free throws and missed the third to let time expire.
George Mason (17-13, 12-6) lost its fourth straight game.
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 48 FINAL
Feb 27 2:04 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 20 HALFTIME
Feb 27 12:50 PM
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20