Saint Louis defeats Duquesne, 69-59Feb 28, 2010 - 3:11 AM ST. LOUIS(AP) -- Kwamain Mitchell scored a game-high 23 points, including 16 in the final 9:16 to lead Saint Louis past Duquesne 69-59 on Saturday.
Saint Louis (19-9, 10-4 Atlantic 10) won for the seventh time in the last eight games.
Willie Reed, Brian Conklin and Cody Ellis added 10 points each for the Billikens.
Bill Clark led Duquesne (15-13, 6-8) with 17 points. B.J. Monteiro added 15 for the Dukes, who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
Saint Louis went on a 13-2 run midway through the second half to erase a three-point deficit and go in front to stay 55-47. Mitchell scored seven points in the streak. Kyle Cassity added a 3-pointer to the blitz.
Mitchell finished 6 of 8 from the field including a 4 for 4 effort in the second half.
Saint Louis jumped out to a 15-4 lead before Duquesne rallied to tie the game 33-33 at half.
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 69 FINAL
Feb 27 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT LOUIS 33 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:55 PM
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22