Arkansas-Little Rock defeats New Orleans, 77-71Feb 28, 2010 - 3:40 AM LITTLE Rock, Ark.(AP) -- Solomon Bozeman scored 17 points and Arkansas-Little Rock defeated New Orleans, 77-71, in Sun Belt Conference play on Saturday night.
Bozeman hit on just 3 of 9 from the field but was 11 of 15 from the free-throw line and had seven assists. Courtney Jackson had 14 points and nine rebounds for the Trojans (8-21, 4-14).
Johann Mpondo led the Privateers (8-21, 3-14) with 15 points and seven rebounds. Carl Blair made 8 of 9 from the line and finished with 14 points.
The Trojans hit on 11 of 28 (39.3 percent) from 3-point range while the Privateers hit just 3 of 10 (30.0 percent).
Leading by eight at the half, 34-26, the Trojans were able to extend their lead to as many as 18, 59-41, with 7:28 left to play. The Privateers would get as close as down four, with just two-seconds left to play.
The win means the Trojans finish 12th place in the Sun Belt, and the Privateers finish 13th.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 11 Cincinnati dispatches Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 6
- Bearcats get set to battle Trojans Dec 6