Alabama-Birmingham routs Tulane 76-55Feb 27, 2010 - 10:25 PM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Elijah Millsap scored 20 points and Alabama-Birmingham routed Tulane 76-55 on Saturday.
Howard Crawford added 14 points and Dexter Fields had 10 for the Blazers (23-5, 11-3 Conference USA), who have won four straight games. Aaron Johnson had 10 assists.
UAB has held three of its past four opponents to 55 points or less.
Millsap made 8 of 12 field goal attempts to lead a strong shooting attack for the Blazers, who made 25 of 45 shots (55.6 percent). The Green Wave made 17 of 50 field goal attempts (34 percent).
The Blazers bolted to a 41-21 halftime lead and were never threatened in the second half. They built their largest lead of the game at 28 points with 10:09 remaining.
UAB outscored the Green Wave 23-13 on points off turnovers.
Kendall Timmons scored 13 points and Kevin Sims added 12 for Tulane (7-20, 2-12), which lost its sixth straight game.
- UAB gives Robert Ehsan 5-year deal worth $450,000 annually Apr 20
- UAB elevates Rob Ehsan to become men's basketball coach Apr 4
- Tulane's Dunleavy explains decision to try college now Mar 29
- Ex-NBA coach Dunleavy Sr. takes first college job at Tulane Mar 28
- Tulane AD: Ed Conroy out as Tulane men's basketball coach Mar 14
- UAB, Haase agree to new 6-year contract Mar 25
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- UAB topples Iowa State for first upset of tourney Mar 19
- Cyclones start tournament in showdown with Blazers Mar 19
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14