Coastal Carolina routs Virginia Military 101-71Feb 27, 2010 - 10:23 PM CONWAY, S.C.(AP) -- Mario Edwards scored 20 points, Joseph Harris added 19 and Coastal Carolina dominated Virginia Military Institute in the second half for a 101-71 victory on Saturday.
The Chanticleers (26-5, 15-3 Big South Conference) trailed 42-41 at halftime, then outscored the Keydets 60-29 in the second half by shooting 69.2 percent from the field (27-for-39). VMI (10-18, 5-13) shot 25.7 percent after the break (9-for-35).
Coastal Carolina, which had already clinched the Big South regular season title and No. 1 seed in the conference tournament, will host a first-round game on Tuesday night.
Chad Gray added 14 for the Chanticleers, Sam McLaurin had 13 and Kierre Greenwood 11.
Stan Okoye led the Keydets with 13 points. Leading scorer Austin Kenon (19 points per game), was held to 10 and Keith Gabriel (17.5 average) had 11.
Coastal Carolina also had a 48-31 rebounding edge.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 101 FINAL
Feb 27 4:05 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 41 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:59 PM
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9