Coppin State beats N. Carolina A&T 77-65Feb 28, 2010 - 12:24 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Michael Harper scored a career-high 30 points as Coppin State defeated North Carolina A&T 77-65 on Saturday.
Harper shot 10-for-14 from the field, including 4-for-7 from 3-point range for the Eagles (8-19, 3-11 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). He also shot 6-for-6 from the free throw line. Ceslovas Kucinskas added 15 points and 11 rebounds for Coppin State.
Robert Johnson led the Aggies (10-19, 6-8) with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Thomas Coleman recorded a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
North Carolina A&T shot only 35.2 percent from the field (25-for-71), including 9-for-30 from 3-point range (30 percent).
Coppin State was outrebounded 43-35, but shot 48.3 percent from the field (28-for-58). The Eagles also forced North Carolina A&T to commit 16 turnovers, and Vince Goldsberry recorded four of Coppin State's eight steals.
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19