W. Michigan 66, Cent. Michigan 74Feb 27, 2010 - 7:52 PM MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) -- Robbie Harman scored 22 points and Jordan Bitzer had a double-double to lift Central Michigan to a 74-66 victory over Western Michigan on Saturday.
Bitzer had 22 points and a team-leading 10 rebounds while Harman sank four 3-pointers for the Chippewas (14-14, 8-7 Mid-American), who committed just seven turnovers and forced 15.
The Chippewas won despite 31 points by Western Michigan career leader David Kool, who became only the 12th 2,000-point scorer in league history. He has 2,021. Kool went 8-for-19 from the floor and 14-for-14 from the line for the Broncos (15-14, 7-8).
With the Chippewas trailing 58-55, Harman hit a jumper, then a layup for a 59-58 lead with 6:00 left. Bitzer and William McClure followed with baskets, completing an 8-0 run that turned the game toward Central Michigan. The lead never fell below three after that.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 66
CENTRL MICHIGAN 74 FINAL
Feb 27 2:24 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN MICHIGAN 34
CENTRL MICHIGAN 30 HALFTIME
Feb 27 1:05 PM
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Leslie and Wolfpack take down Broncos Dec 29
- No. 23 Wolfpack welcome Broncos to Raleigh Dec 29