Oregon State slips past Southern Cal 49-44Feb 28, 2010 - 3:03 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Seth Tarver had 15 points to lead Oregon State past Southern Cal 49-44 on Saturday to sweep the season series.
Roeland Schaftenaar made four free throws in the final minute to seal the win for the Beavers (13-15, 7-10 Pac-10), who had lost two straight.
Mike Gerrity had 13 points and Dwight Lewis 11 for the Trojans (16-11, 8-7) during their final home game of the season.
The Trojans shot 29.4 percent from the field and committed 20 turnovers. It was their third straight loss.
Gerrity made a layup with 34 seconds left for the Trojans final basket, pulling the team as close as 46-44 with 33 seconds left.
The Beavers had 11 steals and scored 19 points off the Trojans' turnovers.
After trailing by one at halftime, Oregon State opened the second half with an 11-4 run to take control of the game.
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28