North Dakota State pulls out overtime win, 63-59Feb 28, 2010 - 4:22 AM FARGO, N.D.(AP) -- North Dakota State's Josh Vaughan made three free throws to tie the game with 1.2 seconds remaining in regulation, then the Bison beat Western Illinois 63-59 in overtime Saturday night.
Michael Tveidt had 17 points, all after halftime, to lead North Dakota State (11-17, 8-10), which finished sixth in the Summit League and will play Oral Roberts next weekend in the postseason tournament in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Western Illinois (13-16, 6-12) fell into a tie for seventh with UMKC, and the Leathernecks will face IUPUI next weekend in the Summit tournament.
Sam Sussenguth scored 12 points and Eric Carlson 10 for the Bison.
David Nurse scored 12 points for Western Illinois, and his free throws put the Leathernecks ahead 53-50 in the final seconds. But he fouled Vaughan, who made all three free throws.
Ceola Clark led Western Illinois with 15 points.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN ILLINOIS 59
NO DAKOTA ST 63 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 27 10:45 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN ILLINOIS 53
NO DAKOTA ST 53 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 27 10:25 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN ILLINOIS 18
NO DAKOTA ST 27 HALFTIME
Feb 27 9:15 PM
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15
- Longhorns kick off season of hope against visiting Bison Nov 14