Eastern Illinois tops Tennessee State 66-61Feb 28, 2010 - 3:15 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Jeremy Granger scored 11 points to lead a balanced Eastern Illinois team past Tennessee State 66-61 Saturday night.
Six players scored between seven and 11 points for the Panthers (18-11, 11-7), who scored the game's last five points to win their seventh in a row. They clinched a tie for third in the Ohio Valley Conference, and a first-round home game in the postseason tournament that begins Tuesday.
James Hollowell had eight points, including the go-ahead basket, and 11 rebounds for Eastern Illinois.
Jacquan Nobles had 19 points and Robert Covington 18 points and eight rebounds for Tennessee State (9-22, 6-12), which saw its five-game OVC winning streak end. The Tigers rallied from a 13-point deficit in the second half to tie it at 61.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Bowers and Missouri blow past Tennessee State Dec 8
- Tennessee State seeks upset of No. 12 Missouri Dec 8