Austin Peay wins in overtime, 71-68 OTFeb 28, 2010 - 4:37 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Wes Channels scored 21 points and Austin Peay defeated Southeast Missouri State, 71-68 in overtime in Ohio Valley Conference play on Saturday night.
John Fraley had a double-double for the Governors (17-14, 11-7). Fraley scored 10 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
The Redhawks (7-23, 3-15) got a pair of 18 point games from Cameron Butler and Marland Smith. LaMont Russell grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds.
Butler scored a layup with 9-seconds left to send the game into overtime at 59-59.
Trailing 68-67 Austin Peay fouled Derek Thompson with 23-seconds left in overtime. Thompson missed the front end of a 1-and-1. Channels would score the go-ahead layup with 19-seconds left.
Trailing 71-68, after two Channels free throws, Smith missed a 3-pointer with 6-seconds left to end the game.
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 71
SE MISSOURI 68 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 27 11:12 PM
- NCAA BB
AUSTIN PEAY 24
SE MISSOURI 31 HALFTIME
Feb 27 9:42 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16
- Racers and Redhawks duke it out in OVC action Feb 15