Louisiana Tech defeats Idaho 60-49Feb 28, 2010 - 4:07 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Jamel Guyton scored 16 points as Louisiana Tech defeated Idaho 60-49 on Saturday night.
Olu Ashaolu added a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Bulldogs (22-7, 9-5 Western Athletic Conference), who swept the season series against Idaho after beating them 77-71 on Jan. 9.
Louisiana Tech held a 29-23 halftime lead, but led by 10 points after back-to-back layups from DeAndre Brown and Guyton boosted their lead to 39-29 with 13:23 remaining in the game. The Bulldogs would go on to lead by as many as 15 points, and Idaho never recovered.
David Jackson contributed 13 points and nine rebounds for Louisiana Tech.
The Vandals (13-15, 4-10) were paced by Marvin Jefferson, who scored 13 points. Idaho has lost three straight games.
Idaho struggled to hit its 3-point attempts, shooting only 20 percent from beyond the arc (3-for-15).
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 60 FINAL
Feb 27 10:09 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 29 HALFTIME
Feb 27 8:59 PM
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- New Mexico State claims WAC title Mar 11
- Utah State blows out Louisiana Tech Mar 5
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10