Eastern Washington defeats Idaho State, 79-71Feb 28, 2010 - 5:20 AM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Gary Gibson and Mark Dunn scored 14 points apiece and Eastern Washington beat Idaho State 79-71 in the season finale for both teams on Saturday night.
Jeffrey Forbes added 12 points and Brandon Moore had 12 rebounds for the Eagles (9-21, 5-11 Big Sky). Demetrius
Monroe scored 20 points, Chron Tatum 13 and Amorrow Morgan 10 for the Bengals (7-22, 4-12), losers of eight of nine to close the season.
Forbes keyed a 21-7 burst toward the end of the first half, hitting three 3-pointers as the Eagles broke away from a back-and-forth game to open a 42-29 lead with 44.1 seconds left.
The lead grew to 52-36 before Idaho State rallied to pull within five, 61-56, on a 3-pointer by Todd Starks. Eastern Washington answered with an 8-0 run, capped by Gibson's layup with 5:15 left.
Neither team qualified for the conference tournament. Eastern Washington finished in 7th and the Bengals finished in 8th.
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 71
EASTERN WASH 79 FINAL
Feb 27 11:59 PM
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 32
EASTERN WASH 42 HALFTIME
Feb 27 10:53 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22
- Eastern Washington's Hayford gets new five-year deal Jun 13