Seattle surge continues with 76-72 victoryFeb 28, 2010 - 5:47 AM SEATTLE(AP) -- Alex Jones scored 21 points, including a key put-back basket late in the game, to help Seattle beat Cal State Bakersfield 76-72 on Saturday.
The Redhawks, who led by as many as 13 in the second half, were on top 74-72 with 21.6 seconds left when Aaron Broussard missed the front end of a one-and-one free-throw opportunity. But Jones rebounded the ball and scored with 16.5 seconds left to give Seattle some breathing room.
Jones shot 4 for 13 from the field but hit a career-high 12 of 16 free throws for Seattle (15-14), which won for the sixth time in the past seven games and moved above .500 for the first time since they were 6-5 on Dec. 15. Broussard and Cervante Burrell each added 12 points.
Stephon Carter had 19 points and Trent Blakley 15 for Cal State Bakersfield (7-21), which lost its third consecutive game.
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- 19th-ranked SDSU rolls past CS-Bakersfield Jan 3
- 19th-ranked Aztecs play host to Roadrunners Jan 2
- No. 17 UNLV downs Cal State-Bakersfield Jan 6
- No. 17 UNLV pays visit to CS-Bakersfield Jan 5
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Seattle's Garcia declares for NBA draft Mar 8