Clemson rallies for a 53-50 win at Florida StateMar 1, 2010 - 1:11 AM By BRENT KALLESTAD Associated Press Writer
TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Trevor Booker scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds Sunday as Clemson rebounded from an early 13-point deficit to defeat Florida State 53-50, sweeping its season series with the Seminoles.
Booker hit four straight free throws in the final 11 seconds and blocked a 3-point shot by the Seminoles' Deividas Dulkys with 5 seconds left that could have tied it.
But it was the outside sniping of sophomore guard Andre Young from nearby Albany, Ga., that made the difference. His 3-point basket gave the Tigers a 49-47 lead with 30 seconds left.
Young finished with 12 points for Clemson (20-8, 8-6 Atlantic Coast Conference).
Florida State (20-8, 8-6) didn't have a player in double figures.
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 50 FINAL
Feb 28 7:54 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 21 HALFTIME
Feb 28 6:31 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26