UNC-Greenboro holds off Georgia Southern 81-79Mar 2, 2010 - 3:03 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Ben Stywall scored a career-high 30 points and 11 rebounds and North Carolina-Greensboro held off Georgia Southern 81-79 on Monday night.
Stywall, coming off a one-point, three-rebound performance in the Spartans' loss to Davidson, tied the school record for double-doubles in a season with 14. He was 12-for-15 from the field.
UNC-Greensboro (7-22, 6-12 Southern Conference) had a 76-63 lead with 1:58 left when the Eagles used a 13-3 run, capped by Colby Wohlleb's 3-pointer, to pull within 79-76 with 14 seconds to go.
Kyle Randall hit the second of two free throws for the Spartans, then Antoine Johnson's layup with 6 seconds left made it 80-78. Randall again went 1-for-2 from the line, and had a steal at the buzzer after Ben Drayton III intentionally missed his second foul shot.
Antonio Hanson had 20 points including six 3-pointers for Georgia Southern (9-22, 6-12).
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 79
UNC GREENSBORO 81 FINAL
Mar 1 9:18 PM
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 37
UNC GREENSBORO 45 HALFTIME
Mar 1 7:56 PM
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1
- Georgia Southern dismisses Young after 4 seasons Mar 12
- Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 59-47 Mar 6
- Chattanooga tops Georgia Southern 82-62 Mar 5
- UNC-Greensboro beats Furman 66-65 in SoCon tourney Mar 5
- Hanson's 39 leads Georgia Southern past Elon 98-88 Feb 25
- McKillop lifts Davidson over UNC Greensboro 60-56 Feb 24