Bethune-Cookman tops Winston-Salem 66-45Mar 2, 2010 - 3:29 AM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- C.J. Reed scored 14 points as Bethune-Cookman defeated Winston-Salem 66-45 on Monday night.
Alexander Starling added 13 points for the Wildcats (16-14), who have won two of their past three games.
Bethune-Cookman led 28-24 at halftime, but opened the second half with a quick 6-0 run to take a 34-24 lead.
The lead then jumped to 14 after a layup from Albert Abrahams capped a separate 6-0 run and made the score 46-32 with 11:07 to play, and the Wildcats would lead by double digits for the remainder of the contest.
The Wildcats shot 50 percent from the field in the second half (15-for-30).
Lamar Monger scored nine points to lead Winston-Salem (11-17). The Rams have lost two games in a row and five of their last seven.
Bethune-Cookman outrebounded Winston-Salem 38-25, and the Wildcats outscored the Rams 38-12 in the paint.
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- No. 6 Baylor stays perfect with win over Bethune-Cookman Dec 15
- No.6 Bears welcome Wildcats to Waco Dec 14
- Baylor makes quick work of Bethune-Cookman Dec 16
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11
- Bethune-Cookman defeats Florida A&M 64-53 in MEAC Mar 9
- Florida A&M rallies to beat Bethune-Cookman 69-64 Mar 5
- Winston-Salem defeats SC State 61-59 Mar 4
- Florida A&M defeats Winston-Salem State 75-61 Feb 27