Boston College defeats Virginia 68-55Mar 4, 2010 - 4:04 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Corey Raji had 18 points and nine rebounds to lift Boston College to a 68-55 win over Virginia on Wednesday night, sending the Cavaliers to their eighth consecutive loss.
It was just the third win in the past eight games for Boston College (15-14, 6-9 Atlantic Coast Conference).
Joe Trapani added 14 points and Rakim Sanders, held scoreless in Saturday's loss at Georgia Tech, had 11 for the Eagles, who locked up eighth place in the league's tournament.
Mike Scott paced Virginia (14-14, 5-10) with 13 points and nine rebounds. Sylven Landesberg also scored 13.
The Cavaliers, who host Maryland in their season finale Saturday, will finish ninth or 10th in the league. A ninth-place seed will earn them a rematch with BC.
The Eagles close the regular season at North Carolina State on Sunday.
- Second-half collapse mars finish for Virginia's seniors Mar 28
- Top-seeded Virginia collapses late, loses 68-62 to Syracuse Mar 27
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Virginia will have to prove defensive chops against Cyclones Mar 22
- Weekend of upsets leaves Virginia as Midwest favorite Mar 20
- No. 1 seed Virginia prepares for 2nd-round test from Butler Mar 18
- UVa routs Hampton 81-45 after Bennett collapses, returns Mar 17
- No. 1 seed Virginia keeps focus on Hampton - not Spartans Mar 16
- Brogdon, Gill look to help Virginia make deep run in tourney Mar 14
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Virginia's Brogdon: Lost year was a 'blessing' in disguise Mar 4