Richmond defeats Dayton 60-58Mar 5, 2010 - 2:26 AM BY HANK KURZ Jr. AP Sports Writer
RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- David Gonzalvez scored 14 points, including seven straight to give Richmond its first lead of the second half, and the Spiders beat Dayton 60-56 on Thursday night.
Kevin Anderson scored 22 for the Spiders (23-7, 12-3 Atlantic 10), who bounced back from a double-overtime loss at Xavier with a Gonzalvez-led comeback in what was likely his final game at the Robins Center. The Spiders seem to be a lock to make the NCAA tournament.
Dayton (19-10, 8-7) lost for the third time in four games, not the type of stretch run the Flyers were hoping for as one of the conference's bubble teams. And they did it despite outrebounding the Spiders by 19, including a 20-6 edge on the offensive end.
Chris Johnson led the Flyers with 13 points and Marcus Johnson scored 10.
- NCAA BB
RICHMOND 60 FINAL
Mar 4 9:14 PM
- NCAA BB
RICHMOND 25 HALFTIME
Mar 4 7:54 PM
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18