Ohio cruises to 82-60 win over Bowling GreenMar 5, 2010 - 2:39 AM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Armon Bassett scored 17 points as Ohio cruised to an 82-60 win over Bowling Green on Thursday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
D. J. Cooper had his fifth double-double of the season with 11 assists and 10 rebounds, plus seven steals to set a single-season record for steals (85) for the Bobcats (17-14, 7-9 Mid-American Conference), who split the season series with the Falcons. Tournament play begins Sunday.
Kenneth van Kempen, who had eight points and eight rebounds, became Ohio's all-time leader in games played (128).
The Bobcats, who were 9-for-18 from 3-point range, also set a school record for 3-pointers (230).
Ohio didn't score until 3:34 into the game. Trailing 7-5, the Bobcats closed the final 11:50 of the first half with a 28-8 run and led by as many as 35 in the second half.
Scott Thomas led the Falcons (14-15, 6-10) with 17 points.
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17