Cal State Northridge holds off UC Davis 70-66Mar 5, 2010 - 6:06 AM NORTHRIDGE, Calif.(AP) -- Kenny Daniels scored 26 points, and Lenny Daniel and Willie Galick earned a double-double as Cal State Northridge qualified for the Big West Conference tournament with a 70-66 victory Thursday over UC Davis.
The trio scored their team's final 23 points as the Matadors (11-19, 6-9 Big West) ended a three-game losing streak.
Daniel scored 13 of his 17 points in the first half and Galick scored 14 of his 18 points in the second. Daniel took 15 rebounds and Galick had 14 rebounds.
Mark Payne scored 18 points for the Aggies (12-17, 7-8), which cut a 10-point deficit to one point in the last three minutes. Joe Harden and Dominic Calegari scored 14 points apiece.
Both teams will play their final games of the regular season Saturday night. The Aggies travel to Cal State Fullerton. The Matadors host Pacific.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3
- Braswell out as CSUN head basketball coach Mar 20
- UC Santa Barbara takes 76-62 win over UC Davis Mar 12
- Harden paces UC Davis by Cal State Fullerton 68-65 Mar 12