Cal beats Stanford 71-61, wins Pac-10 outrightMar 7, 2010 - 1:28 AM By JOSH DUBOW AP Sports Writer
STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- Patrick Christopher scored 23 points to help California win the outright Pac-10 title with a 71-61 victory over Stanford on Saturday.
Jamal Boykin added 13 points for the Golden Bears (21-9, 13-5), who swept the season series from their Bay area rivals for the first time since 1992-93 by winning at Maples Pavilion for just the second time in 17 trips.
Landry Fields had 25 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Cardinal (13-17, 7-11), who lost their final four home games of the regular season. Stanford will finish tied for eighth place in the Pac-10 and needs an Oregon victory against Washington State later Saturday to avoid Wednesday's play-in game in the conference tournament.
- NCAA BB
STANFORD 61 FINAL
Mar 6 8:02 PM
- NCAA BB
STANFORD 30 HALFTIME
Mar 6 6:54 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7