Fields's shot in final minute gives UTSA 65-63 winMar 7, 2010 - 2:31 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Terry Fields scored 12 points and hit a jumper with 58.4 seconds remaining to lift UTSA over Stephen F. Austin 65-63 Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both.
Morris Smith IV scored a team-high 13 points for the Roadrunners (19-10, 9-7 Southland Conference), who have won six of seven and finished tied for fifth in the conference.
Jereal Scott had 21 points to lead the Lumberjacks (21-8, 11-5), who suffered their first conference loss at home. SFA had already secured the No. 2 seed for next week's Southland tournament.
After the Lumberjacks' Walt Harris tied the game at 63-all on a free throw with just over a minute to play, Fields banked in a 10-footer for the game winner.
The game was tightly contested throughout. Neither team led by more than six, and there were 14 lead changes and 10 ties.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23