Nevada beats La. Tech 79-68 for WAC No. 2 seedMar 7, 2010 - 5:18 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 29 points to lead Nevada to a 79-68 victory over Louisiana Tech on Saturday.
Nevada (19-11, 11-5 Western Athletic Conference), which got 13 points each from Brandon Fields and Armon Johnson, earned the No. 2 seed in the conference tournament in Reno and plays seventh-seeded Idaho in a first-round game on Thursday.
The Wolf Pack tied with New Mexico State for second in the WAC standings but earned the tiebreaker by sweeping the season series between the schools.
Magnum Rolle scored 22 points for Louisiana Tech (22-9, 9-7). The Bulldogs, who were 17-2 at one point, lost seven of its last 12 games to finish fourth in the WAC and faces No. 5 Fresno State in a first-round game on Thursday.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14