Horner leads NC State past Boston College 66-54Mar 7, 2010 - 10:06 PM By AARON BEARD AP Basketball Writer
RALEIGH, N.C.(AP) -- Dennis Horner scored 11 of his 14 points during the decisive second-half run to help North Carolina State rally past Boston College 66-54 on Sunday.
Tracy Smith scored 19 points to lead the Wolfpack (17-14, 5-11 Atlantic Coast Conference), who used a 19-5 run to rally from a four-point deficit in the final 7 minutes. With the win, N.C. State closes the regular season with three wins in four games heading into next week's ACC tournament in Greensboro.
Rakim Sanders and Tyler Roche each scored 11 for the Eagles (15-15, 6-10), who led 47-43 on a three-point play from Reggie Jackson with 7:11 left.
Horner, a senior in his final home game, took a hard foul from BC's Josh Southern on a dunk attempt and hit the court, opening a cut above his right eye with 18:13 left. He headed to the locker room, but returned minutes later to ignite the decisive run.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 54
NC STATE 66 FINAL
Mar 7 4:01 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 23
NC STATE 24 HALFTIME
Mar 7 2:52 PM
- NC State's Anya opts out of draft, returns for senior season May 20
- NC State forward Abdul-Malik Abu pulls out of NBA Draft May 19
- NC State adds 7-foot Turkish center Omer Yurtseven May 16
- NC State's 1983 NCAA championship team to visit White House Apr 28
- Twins Caleb and Cody Martin transferring from NC State Mar 24
- NC State junior Anthony 'Cat' Barber to remain in NBA draft Mar 22
- Gottfried, Wolfpack focused on returning to NCAAs next year Mar 15
- NC State assistant Moxley moving to support role after year Mar 6
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- NC State's Barber carries heavy load for struggling Wolfpack Mar 4
- Wolfpack's Henderson still working back from ankle injury Feb 5
- NC State keeping eye on 'Cat' Barber's injured knee Jan 25